Wolff’s Standard Twice as Sharp® is designed to make sharpening your home and sewing shears fast, easy, and precise. Our system comes equipped with a 100 grit sharpening wheel so you can sharpen your shear quickly, and a buffing wheel to clean up your edge.
The Standard Twice as Sharp® scissors sharpening system comes fitted with an arm and clamp assembly that can be set to match all possible angles on any sewing or household shears up to 14 inches in length. This will allow you to confidently sharpen any shear to the exact angle best suited to your application. If you have questions about angles or how to sharpen your shears, the Standard Twice as Sharp® comes with an in-depth manual that lists many of the best angles for different styles of shears, and you’ll also have full access to Wolff’s 800 number support line at no additional charge.
All of Wolff’s scissors sharpening systems come with a comprehensive training video that will walk you through the steps of sharpening numerous shears. This exhaustive training tool will teach you how to properly use your new sharpener and produce quality results every time!
The Standard Twice as Sharp® includes:
* Safety glasses
* Dust Mask
* Scissors Lubricant
* Pink hone
* Wheel dressing brick
* Eye Shields
* Hex wrench
* Angle gage
* And the Manual and training video mentioned above
* Weight – Boxed 14 pounds, unit only 12 pounds
* Voltage – 110-130 a.c. 60 cycle, Wattage 375, 3450 rpm, Can be set to run on 220-240 a.c. 50 cycle 3000 rpm
* Motor – ¼ h.p. condenser run, TENV 100% duty cycle
* Bearings – Precision ball bearings. Double-sealed (SKF 6202-2RS1 or equivalent)
* Sharpening Arms – Double-sealed Rulon® bearings, no maintenance required
* Sharpening Clamp – Set angles from 0 – 57 degrees, clamp opens to ¾ of an inch * Sharpening Wheel – 5” x ½” x ½” 100 grit fine grain friable aluminum oxide
* Honing Wheel – Cotton impregnated with fine silicon carbide